Saturday was my Dad's birthday, so we had a mini-birthday party for him. Grandma and Grandpa Kirkbride came over, and so did the Blank family. Owen, Addy, Landon, and I were able to swim in the hot tub, run around the yard, and eat an ice cream birthday cake. We were all prepared to run around the yard with sparklers that night, but a terrible storm came out of no where so we all hurried inside for the rest of the night. But that wasn't so bad, we were all exhausted after running around all day, so we headed off to bed.
Sunday was another fun day, Grandma and Grandpa Biskey came over. And they brought Aunt Jen, Hailey and little John with them. We dug into the ice cream cake and then headed to the hot tub again. Swimming with all of these kids is way more fun than swimming with mom and dad!
After they left for the day, I headed over to Aunt Tara's house with mom and dad for some more swimming. Dad took me in the big pool and I did a great job! I swam around the whole pool with the help of my swimmies and hardly needed any assistance from Dad at all. My mom even helped me go down the slide while my dad waited at the bottom to catch me!
Later on that night, we got out the sparklers like we had planned for the night before. Aunt Tara got out her camera to capture the moment for us! I was a little nervous, but I thought they were pretty cool in the end!
Monday afternoon, we decided to head out to the golf course again. It was fun,but it was busy this time, so there was more pressure to move along quickly. I am sure it isn't too hard to guess, but moving quickly and quitely on the golf course isn't very easy when you are 2! Oh well, we were just out for fun anyway!
And finally, Tuesday came along and Mom headed back to work and I was able to hang out with Dad for the day. We did what seems to be the popular thing when one parent is at home and the other is at work. We headed to the Westview Orchards to see the animals at the petting zoo. I was WAY braver with my dad as a back up, I even fed the goats and donkeys! Next, we headed over to the play area and I spent a lot of the time running through these cool tunnels!
Happy 4th of July Everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment