I went back to work on March 29th, and Grandma Kirkbride came down to watch the boys on my first day. It was a big help. Getting myself ready before Noon was quite a change, so it was nice to only be in charge of myself for that one morning!
The next day, I was off to work again and the boys were off to school. Conner was happy to be at a place that would feed him and change him, so it was a pretty easy transition for him.
Contrary to the picture above, it was also a pretty easy transition for Carter, at least on day one. He was really excited to go to school where he could work on art projects and play in gym class. As soon as we got there Carter went right in and started playing with all of the toys!
After the first day, Carter is a little more sad when I drop him off. He says that he just misses being at home with Josh and I. But everyday when I go to pick him up, he is off playing with his friends and having tons of fun. His teachers also report that he is doing well about 5 minutes after I leave. We also practiced a lot at home for going on the potty. We had high hopes that the change of scenery would do the trick for potty training. No such luck. Oh well, I am sure it will happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment